BBC Media Action is producing a new weekly audio output - Aa'rar Foygam - specially aimed at listening groups. Each week, a 20-25 minute programme will be available, designed for use in listening groups, community spaces, children's centres and anywhere else where community members gather together. Each programme covers a different theme; with a new programme usually released every Tuesday.
The download includes an MP3 audio file (containing the audio content) as well as a topic-specific discussion guide to help community workers and group facilitators lead discussions, after their group has listened to the programme.
Anyone using the materials is encouraged to submit a brief report about the number of community members who were engaged as well as any key issues or questions raised by the listeners. A form is included for that purpose in each week's discussion guide - and should be returned to CXBfeedback@bd.bbcmediaaction.org
Click here to browse all of the programmes available, or use the list below which will be updated as new programmes are added each week:
- Programme 1 - 24 April 2019 - Cyclone preparedness - Download here (21MB)
- Programme 2 - 13 May 2019 - Landslides - Download here (38MB)
- Programme 3 - 18 May 2019 - Health in Ramadan - Download here (26MB)
- Programme 4 - 29 May 2019 - Waterlogging - Download here (32MB)
- Programme 5 - 9 June 2019 - Health and care in summer weather - Download here (32 MB)
- Programme 6 - 15 June 2019 - Acute watery diarrhoea - Download here (38 MB)
Please note that these materials are likely to go out-of-date over time. The archive is maintained as a useful resource, but agencies are encouraged to double-check the advice and information in older programmes is accurate, before making use of them in field activities.
Aa'rar Foygam is part of the Common Service for Community Engagement and Accountability, which is implemented in partnership with IOM, with funding from the UK Department for International Development. The programme is also supported by UNHCR.