Covid-19 has resulted in restrictions to the amount of face-to-face engagement that is possible with Rohingya communities at the moment. There is still a strong need to deliver accurate, actionable information to refugees, and the preference of the community is to receive this information through clear and understandable audio formats. During the Covid-19 restrictions, BBC Media Action is therefore producing a new regular audio product, Soiyi Hota ('correct information') focused on information about Covid-19 and other critical issues. This product is short (less than 5 minutes per episode) and designed for loudspeaker dissemination or one-to-one engagement.
- [16 May] Programme 6 - addressing worries about food distribution during Covid-19
- [14 May] Programme 5 - dealing with frustrations and preventing domestic violence during Covid-19
- [10 May] Programme 4 - mental health and overcoming fear and anxiety during Covid-19
- [30 Apr] Programme 3 - a reminder of the cyclone preparedness actions and what the different flags mean
- [27 Apr] Programme 2 - addressing worries about accessing Covid-19 treatment
- [27 Apr] Programme 1 - myths around food and 'cures' for Covid-19
Soiyi Hota is produced by BBC Media Action and is supported by UNHCR.