[Updated 28 April 2021 with audio PSA highlighting trafficking risks in camps and precautionary measures people can take for their and their children's protection]
These multimedia products are designed to assist in communicating about risks and precautions related to trafficking.
Materials are primarily designed for use in information hubs or within community spaces and listening groups, but could also be used by agency field staff, volunteers and others working directly with communities. For those community members with mobile phones, the content could be shared directly with them for future reference, using Bluetooth, SD card or other transfer methods.
Preview and download the different content here:
- [NEW] [28 April 2021] Audio PSA highlighting trafficking risks in camps and precautionary measures people can take for their and their children's protection (Rohingya language - 2'51") (also available without music)
- Loudspeaker announcement about Covid-19 and trafficking risks (Rohingya language - 3'00")
- Audio package featuring two people talking about their personal experiences of trafficking (Rohingya language - 6'00")
- Audio fictional story highlighting Covid-19 related trafficking risks (Rohingya language - 4'50")
- Soiyi Hota Programme 17 - Trafficking risks (also available without music)
- Animation - Rohnigya language - (3'50") - highlights trafficking risks and awareness that recruitment to trafficking may come from close to the family - also available in a longer version (4'20") that includes details of the trafficking hotline number.
- Audio announcement - Rohingya language - (2'00") - highlighting the risks associated with moving to another country by boat. Also available without music.
- Audio package - Rohingya language - (4'40") - telling the stories of some people from the Rohingya community who tried to leave by boat, and the dangers they faced.
- Animation - Rohingya language - 3'10" - highlights trafficking risks and precautions, through two fictional stories.
- Audio - Rohingya language - 6'50" - discussion with community members and a child protection expert, highlighting the precautions that families can take to keep children safe.
- Animation - Rohingya language - 3'00" - focusing on practical steps that families can take to keep children safe.
These materials are part of an ongoing series of multimedia outputs being produced by BBC Media Action to enhance the range and quality of tools available to information hubs, listener groups and other community-facing information services within the Rohingya emergency response. Initial tools were delivered in partnership with Action Against Hunger and IOM; funded by Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development and the US government's bureau of population, refugees and migration. Later tools were developed as part of the Common Service for Community Engagement and Accountability, which is delivered in partnership with Action Against Hunger and UNOPS, with funding from EU Humanitarian Aid and the UK Department for International Development. Soiyi Hota is produced in partnership with Tdh and with support from UNHCR. The audio PSA produced in 2021 is produced in partnership with Tdh and with support from UNHCR.