Shanti Hota is a radio program made by and for the Rohingya residents of Kutapalong. This program is produced by Coast Trust with the support of Fondation Hirondelle.
The programs are available on SoundCloud and you can follow* Shanti Hota: Refugee Community Radio station.You can also click on the link of each episode to listen and download** the program on you mobile or computer:
- Episode - Living In Harmony: This week our programme looks at how neighbours can get along, and the pressures of living so closely together in the camps. We get advice from an Imam as well as a Psychosocial Counsellor.
- Episode - Staying Healthy During Ramadan: During the period of Ramadan, most camp residents are fasting. This episode asks people in Camp 3 about their experience of fasting in the camp, and the challenges of managing in the heat. There's also advice from an Imam and a Nutritionist from SARVP about how to stay healthy, and advice for pregnant women and children.
- Episode - Dengue:This week we look at the problem of Dengue virus in the camps - how is it transmitted and how to prevent it.
- Episode - Safe Water: This week we look at the issue of water: how safe is it, how to get clean water, how to purify it and how to store it safely. We speak to a WASH Officer and a Medical Officer for advice.
- Episode - Roads and Highways: This week we hear some stories from the camp about people who have been injured by being struck by vehicles. We discuss road safety and speak with Rashed, Senior Site Officer for camp 03, ACTED about changes being made to increase road safety.
- Episode - Eid Preparations: This program focuses on the Eid celebrations, with Rohingya people sharing their plans and memories of Eid. We also spoke to Site Management about animal waste management, and an Imam and a doctor about staying healthy and celebrating Eid.
- Episode - Landslides: In this episode we talk to people in the camp about their concerns and experiences of landslides during wet season. Also we talk to Rashed, Senior Site Officer, Camp 1 West and to Yousuf Nur who works in the Cyclone Preparedness Program to get advice for residents.
- Episode - Monsoon Preparation: This week we look at how monsoon can affect the health of people in the camp, and a doctor advises where people can go if they are sick or injured. We get advice from the Cyclone Preparation Programme on the cyclone warning system and what is being done to prevent landslides.
- Episode - Mosquitos: We ask the community this week about mosquitoes and mosquito-terminal disease; how do they prevent water from accumulating around their shelter? We talk to Dr. Monir, Medical Officer at Friendship Hospital for advice and also to a WASH officer.
*Follow Option: To follow the channel, you need to register to open your own SoundCloud account and then sign in. But this isn't mandatory if you only want to listen to the program following the given link.
**Download Option: You can find download option under '---More' tab when you click on the given link of each episode and be redirected to the SoundCloud page.