***Aa'rar Foygam is currently paused, due to the difficulties of gathering listening groups during Covid-19 restrictions. In its place BBC Media Action is producing a new regular audio product, Soiyi Hota ('correct information') focused on information about Covid-19. This product is shorter and designed for loudspeaker dissemination or one-to-one engagement. Organisations previously operating listening groups may also want to use some of the many materials available on the Covid-19 page.***
The archive of Aa'rar Foygam programmes is still made available below - but please check and take care that past programmes are suitable for use during current restrictions, since advice may have changed since the programmes were originally produced.
BBC Media Action is producing a new weekly audio output - Aa'rar Foygam - specially aimed at listening groups. Each week, a 20-25 minute programme will be available, designed for use in listening groups, community spaces, children's centres and anywhere else where community members gather together. Each programme covers a different theme; with a new programme usually released every Tuesday.
The download includes an MP3 audio file (containing the audio content) as well as a topic-specific discussion guide to help community workers and group facilitators lead discussions, after their group has listened to the programme.
Anyone using the materials is encouraged to submit a brief report about the number of community members who were engaged as well as any key issues or questions raised by the listeners. A form is included for that purpose in each week's discussion guide - and should be returned to CXBfeedback@bd.bbcmediaaction.org
Click here to browse all of the programmes available, or use the list below which will be updated as new programmes are added each week:
- Programme 1 - 24 April 2019 - Cyclone preparedness - Download here (21MB)
- Programme 2 - 13 May 2019 - Landslides - Download here (38MB)
- Programme 3 - 18 May 2019 - Health in Ramadan - Download here (26MB)
- Programme 4 - 29 May 2019 - Waterlogging - Download here (32MB)
- Programme 5 - 9 June 2019 - Health and care in summer weather - Download here (32 MB)
- Programme 6 - 15 June 2019 - Acute watery diarrhoea - Download here (38 MB)
- Programme 7 - 26 June 2019 - Preparing shelters for monsoon - Download here (29MB)
- Programme 8 - 14 July 2019 - Malaria prevention and treatment - Download here (24MB)
- Programme 9 - 23 July 2019 - Safe water management - Download here (29MB)
- Programme 10 - 6 August 2019 - Using safe latrines - Download here (29MB)
- Programme 11 - 8 August 2019 - Dengue fever - Download here (39MB)
- Programme 12 - 20 August 2019 - Repatriation - Download here (24MB)
- Programme 13 - 12 September 2019 - Care for older people - Download here (24MB)
- Programme 14 - 19 September 2019 - Skin disease - Download here (26MB)
- Programme 15 - 29 September 2019 - International criminal court - Programme no longer available as the ICC consultation process closed at the end of October 2019.
- Programme 16 - 4 October 2019 - Cyclone preparedness - Download here (25 MB)
- Programme 17 - 13 October 2019 - Tuberculosis - Download here (26MB)
- Programme 18 - 24 October 2019 - Newborn care - Download here (33MB)
- Programme 19 - 31 October 2019 - Menstrual hygiene - Download here (25MB)
- Programme 20 - 7 November 2019 - Acute Watery Diarrhoea - Download here (22MB)
- Programme 21 - 21 November 2019 - Safety for women - Download here (25MB)
- Programme 22 - 2 December 2019 - SCOPE card for food shopping - Download here (22MB)
- Programme 23 - 12 December 2019 - Fire safety - Download here (24MB)
- Programme 24 - 17 December 2019 - Winter - Download here (34MB)
- Programme 25 - 24 December 2019 - Supporting people with disabilities - Download here (21MB)
- Programme 26 - 31 December 2019 - Trafficking risks and precautions - Download here (23MB)
- Programme 27 - 13 January 2020 - Measles symptoms, precautions, treatment and vaccination - Download here (21MB)
- Programme 28 - 21 January 2020 - Civil documentation (birth, marriage, divorce and death registration) - Download here (18MB)
- Programme 29 - 30 January 2020 - Safe delivery in health centres - Download here (19MB)
- Programme 30 - 13 February 2020 - Oral cholera vaccination - Download here (19MB)
- Programme 31 - 20 February 2020 - Supporting women to access WASH facilities - Download here (19MB)
- Programme 32 - 10 March 2020 - International criminal court (investigation process) - Download here (19MB)
- Programme 33 - 12 March 2020 - Road safety - Download here (19MB)
- Programme 34 - 16 March 2020 - Prevention and hygiene for COVID-19 - Download here (18MB)
Please note that these materials are likely to go out-of-date over time. The archive is maintained as a useful resource, but agencies are encouraged to double-check the advice and information in older programmes is accurate, before making use of them in field activities.
Aa'rar Foygam is supported by UNHCR.