BBC Media Action is producing a new weekly audio output - Aa'rar Foygam - specially aimed at listening groups. Each week, a 20-25 minute programme will be available, designed for use in listening groups, community spaces, children's centres and anywhere else where community members gather together. Each programme covers a different theme; with a new programme usually released every Tuesday.
The download includes an MP3 audio file (containing the audio content) as well as a topic-specific discussion guide to help community workers and group facilitators lead discussions, after their group has listened to the programme.
Anyone using the materials is encouraged to submit a brief report about the number of community members who were engaged as well as any key issues or questions raised by the listeners. A form is included for that purpose in each week's discussion guide - and should be returned to CXBfeedback@bd.bbcmediaaction.org
Click here to browse all of the programmes available, or use the list below which will be updated as new programmes are added each week:
- Programme 1 - 24 April 2019 - Cyclone preparedness - Download here (21MB)
- Programme 2 - 13 May 2019 - Landslides - Download here (38MB)
- Programme 3 - 18 May 2019 - Health in Ramadan - Download here (26MB)
- Programme 4 - 29 May 2019 - Waterlogging - Download here (32MB)
- Programme 5 - 9 June 2019 - Health and care in summer weather - Download here (32 MB)
- Programme 6 - 15 June 2019 - Acute watery diarrhoea - Download here (38 MB)
- Programme 7 - 26 June 2019 - Preparing shelters for monsoon - Download here (29MB)
- Programme 8 - 14 July 2019 - Malaria prevention and treatment - Download here (24MB)
- Programme 9 - 23 July 2019 - Safe water management - Download here (29MB)
- Programme 10 - 6 August 2019 - Using safe latrines - Download here (29MB)
- Programme 11 - 8 August 2019 - Dengue fever - Download here (39MB)
- Programme 12 - 20 August 2019 - Repatriation - Download here (24MB)
- Programme 13 - 12 September 2019 - Care for older people - Download here (24MB)
- Programme 14 - 19 September 2019 - Skin disease - Download here (26MB)
- Programme 15 - 29 September 2019 - International criminal court - Programme no longer available as the ICC consultation process closed at the end of October 2019.
- Programme 16 - 4 October 2019 - Cyclone preparedness - Download here (25 MB)
- Programme 17 - 13 October 2019 - Tuberculosis - Download here (26MB)
- Programme 18 - 24 October 2019 - Newborn care - Download here (33MB)
- Programme 19 - 31 October 2019 - Menstrual hygiene - Download here (25MB)
- Programme 20 - 7 November 2019 - Acute Watery Diarrhoea - Download here (22MB)
Please note that these materials are likely to go out-of-date over time. The archive is maintained as a useful resource, but agencies are encouraged to double-check the advice and information in older programmes is accurate, before making use of them in field activities.
Aa'rar Foygam is supported by UNHCR.